Angel help you to solve usual problems when making frozen dough
Under cold storage, the fresh yeast will gradually lose its activity and dissolve. Its activity will decrease 20% in 45 days. Therefore, It is suggested that fresh yeast shall be used within 45 days. However, when fresh yeast is added into dough then immediately frozen and stored, the yeast under frozen status will not dissolve and the process of losing activity will be relatively slow. That is why, when the frozen dough defrosted after 6 months, the yeast will gradually come to life and in activity.
Processing like defrost, fermentation and others can cause emptiness. Reason is that the gluten extends too much.
Solution: do not mix and roll the dough too much. Full defrost and fermentation can relieve but not totally avoid the emptiness.
This unpleasant smell is caused by grease oxidation when frozen. To solve it, it shall change the grease with better flavor.
Several reasons cause this insufficiency:
- Yeast is used before rapid freeze, which cause the loss of yeast during freezing. The solution is to reduce dough temperature and freeze immediately after shaping and shorten the resting time, avoiding the fermentation of yeast.
- The fast frozen equipment is not qualified and freezing too long. The solution is to freeze immediately in avoiding yeast fermentation.
- Temperature fluctuates too much during storing and transportation, which causes the activity loss. The solution is to guarantee the stability of temperature during storing and transportation, in order to avoid activity loss.
- Yeast is insufficient during long period of frozen store. The solution is to add sufficient yeast dosage.
- Fast freeze to reduce moisture loss
- Start fast freeze when paste temperature down to 35℃ after baking
- Spray water when baking, avoiding moisture loss
- Choose appropriate improver
- Angel fresh yeast (gold angel high sugar, blue low sugar): the activity loss of fresh yeast is rapider than semi-dry. Generally recommend that froze dough by applying fresh yeast with 10-15 days’shelf life.
- Angel semi-dry yeast (Gold high sugar, blue low sugar): semi-dry yeast loses activity very slow under frozen storage. So in some remote areas without good facilities, it is better to use semi-dry for frozen dough.
- Stable quality under frozen condition. Very stable under -18℃ storage, which can avoid quality fluctuation caused by limits of storing or transportation
- Bigger volume and better flavor compared with frozen dough with dry yeast.
- Fresh and semi-dry yeast contain high moisture which means good fluidity and easy to disperse into the dough. It is suitable to add at the end of flour mixing, which detains the fermentation during flour mixing and guarantees the frozen dough quality.
- Good capacity against cold water. Frozen dough requires temperature under 20℃ and cold water to mix the flour. So the fresh yeast and semi-dry are more suitable for frozen dough as capacity against cold water.
|Shelf life||Weeks||Round 1 month||Months||4-6 months|
|Angel Fresh Yeast||≥3||≥4||≥5||≥6|
- Different dosages among different yeasts: 1×semi-dry=1.6×fresh yeast=1.3×dry yeast
F-99, F-20 are two main frozen dough improvers of Angel:
- Frozen Dough Improver F-99 (gluten strengthening): suitable for products with shelf life of 3-6 months under frozen conditions and products, whose gluten is not strong enough. It can obviously strengthen the gluten and its recommended dosage is under 6%.
- F-99 specialized for frozen dough
Through test, when stored under -20℃ for 6 months, the bread volume reduces 15% with F-99, meanwhile the volume reduces more than 25% without F-99 and the height-radius rate also reduces obviously.
- Improver F-20(stable function): suitable for products with shelf life within 3 months and products need shortening. It has obvious effects in improving dough stability and recommended dosage 2-6%.
- Usage example for F-20 improver
Through test, when stored under -20℃for 6 months, the frozen dough volume reduces 10% when added F-20; the volume reduces more than 20% without F-20 and the coloring capacity weakens also after long period of store.