History of Yeast
Yeasts can be considered man’s earliest known industrial microorganism. It’s likely that man used yeast before the development of a written language. Hieroglyphics suggest that ancient Egyptians were using yeast to produce alcoholic beverages and to leaven bread over 5,000 years ago. The biochemical process of fermentation that is responsible for these actions was not understood and undoubtedly looked upon by early man as a mysterious and even magical phenomenon.
With the invention of the microscope, it became possible to isolate yeast in pure culture form. The pioneering scientific work of Louis Pasteur in the late 1860’s made it possible to commercially produce baker’s yeast, wine yeast, and nutritional yeast.
A Natural Way to Get What Your Body Needs
Nutritional Yeast is an excellent source of protein, vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. It contains a high concentration of vitamin B complex. These vitamins are known to help avoid nervous disorders, depression, stress and anxiety. Besides, it contains additional functional and beneficial components such as beta-1, 3 glucan, trehalose, mannan. Studies have shown hat these components have potential health benefits such as, improvement of immune response, reduction of cholesterol, and anti-cancer properties.
Angel’s specific cultivation methods allow for the presence of these beneficial components, setting nutritional yeast apart from brewer’s and active baking yeast. It is not a dairy yeast product, such as whey yeast, nor does it contain added sugars or preservatives. Nutritional Yeast is best kept stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or in a cool dry place.
Angel Yeast Co., Ltdfounded in 1986, is a high-tech listed company dedicated to the research & development and mass production of yeast products and its derivatives. Angel is able to supply the nutritional yeast to the worldwide consumers with the consistent quality. Through the certification of GMP, all products are manufactured under strict material and process controls in order to satisfy the customer. We supply many kings of Nutritional yeast products for the industry and consumer use.
Nutritional Yeast Ingredients for Industrial use
Used in functional foods, dietary supplements, cosmetics (as an active ingredient and/or excipient) and in clinical nutrition (as a natural source of trace elements, vitamins and minerals).
Nutritional Yeast Ingredients
- Nutritional Yeast Powder
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Yeast Beta Glucan
- Selenium-enriched Yeast
- Chromium-enriched Yeast
- Zinc-enriched Yeast
- Yeast RNA
- Vitamin D-enriched Yeast
- GSH-enriched Yeast
Nutritional Yeast Products for consumer use
With the biggest GMP plant in central China, Angel can customize many kinds of nutraceuticals and functional foods for our customers.
- Sufficient capacity: Angel is the largest yeast extract manufacturer in the world
- Strong capability of R&D: Post-doctoral workstation, China national recognized laboratory, Scale-up experiments platform, International experts group
- Advanced quality and environmental pollution control: Siemens PCS7 system, ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO22000 certified.
- Rich experiences for international business: 40% existing market is outside of China, establish business with more than 140 countries
- Natural and Organic ingredients: Animal-free, GMO-free, non-allergen and non-pathogen.
- No risk of customs and taboos: Kosher and Halal certified.
- Balanced and complete nutrients: Yeast is the best nutrients source for human.
- High consistency: Stable performance between different batches.
- Available in various physical forms: Liquid, and powder.
- Customized products: Products can be made according to specific needs of customers
For more details, please click here to contact us