The technical solution of using Angel yeast extract FM902 to replace brewer’s yeast extract
May 8, 2019
Angel yeast extract can be used well to replace brewer's yeast extract in fermentation industry
1. Advantages of this solution
- Reduce the overall cost of production;
- Improve the user's current fermentation level;
- Improve fermentation stability;
- Raw materials are traceable;
- Easy to use and save manpower;
- Conducive to on-site hygiene management of the fermentation plant, reducing pollution sources;
- The color of the substitute product is light, which is conducive to refining treatment;
- Easy to save and reduce storage occupation;
- Solve the problem that beer yeast extract does not meet the food and drug safety certification requirements;
- No risk of Bacillus thermophilus contamination.
2. Introduction of Angel yeast extract FM902
This product uses high-quality baker’s yeast as raw material with advanced production technology, stable product quality, rich nutrients and high effective utilization rate, meeting various safety certification requirements for food and medicine for raw materials.
3. Application and replacement ratio of using FM902 to replace brewer’s yeast extract
Reduce production costs and improve the certification level of VC products themselves
Maintain the original process fermentation titer and reduce production cost
Long chain dibasic acid
Improve process stability and reduce costs
Increase seed bacteria concentration 5-7 times, shorten commodity fermentation time
Increase acid production by 8%, shorten fermentation time and increase conversion rate
Reduce production costs, reduce the chance of fermentation and increase production stability
* According to the design principle of total nitrogen balance, the use of FM902 instead of brewer's yeast extract should increase the amount of cheap nitrogen source such as corn syrup and soybean meal hydrolyzate.
4. Replacement cost assessment
a. Comprehensive comparison of the performance and extraction effect of brewer’s yeast and baker’s yeast
Brewer’s yeast extract
Baker’s yeast extract
Waste yeast from brewer’s plant
purified cultured high protein yeast
Stability of raw materials
Main raw materials
add hops, the taste is extremely difficult, the color is dark.
Status of cells
Dead cells, weak cells, uneven,
High viable cell rate, strong, uniform
Endogenous enzyme activity
Dark color and smelly
light color, rich fragrance
Total and amino nitrogen content
Difficult to control
Malt, rice, etc.
Contamination of Bacillus thermophilus
Contain Bacillus thermophilus
Kosher and Halal
Generally no Kosher and Halal
Kosher and Halal certified
Note: Yeast extract yield (%) = concentrated yeast extract dry matter / raw yeast dry weight
b. Comparison of product analysis data
Angel yeast extract LM800
Angel yeast extract FM902
Free amino acid
Free amino acid
Free amino acid
Aspartic acid (Asp)
5. Bacillus thermophilus detection of brewer's yeast extract
Screening method of Bacillus thermophilus in brewer’s yeast extract
1. The components were suspended in distilled water, allowed to stand for 5 min, mixed uniformly, heated, and continuously stirred for 1 min, and placed in a triangular flask at 121 ° C for autoclaving for 40 min.
2. Sterly weigh the appropriate amount of the sample in a clean bench, add it to the pre-sterilized distilled water (keeping the temperature of the water at 40-45 ° C), and shake the container quickly to mix.
3. Immediately pipette the suspension with a pipette and add to a flask containing sterile DTA (solution temperature 50-60 ° C).
4. Quickly shake the flask and mix again. Immediately after mixing, place the flask in a pre-heated autoclave, heat to 5 lbs. pressure (108.4 °C) for 10 min, then quickly vent the autoclave. Immediately remove the flask from the autoclave and cool.
5. Gently shake the Erlenmeyer flask and evenly dispense the medium from the vial into the sterilized plate. The agar solidifies.
6. The plate was inverted and cultured in an incubator at 55 ± 2 ° C for 72 hours. Pick a single clone of different cell morphology to the bevel.